Week 3 Part B Development Of A Brand




When developing brand recognition, there are many things to take into consideration, color scheme, logo, type of font, but the most important thing to do with all of those is to maintain consistency throughout all of your marketing components.  It’s essential to continue using the same logo, the same color scheme, and fonts on everything from your business cards to your website.  It creates brand recognition and consumer awareness.  So, when considering color schemes, logos, and fonts, it’s also important to conduct a bit of research into your competition so that you can see where what color schemes they’ve used and where you might be able to stand out amongst them and be noticed.  Overall, the ultimate goal is to keep your brand consistent across all marketing materials, and that represents who you are, what you’re selling, and who you are selling to so that consumers can immediately recognize your brand, no matter where they see it.  My product is a Tooth Fairy kit for parents who struggle to navigate the world of imagination and creativity.  I’m still in the production phase of my product, so I have a little ways to go, but I have some idea who my target market is and the feeling I want to convey with my brand.




Defining your brand is an important piece of developing a brand.  Doing a little research on what your competitors are doing and what your target market is drawn to will help you define your brand a little better.  Knowing what your potential customers are drawn to can help you narrow down how your brand feels; fun or elegant or active?  Is your product or service geared towards adults or children?  Understanding who your target market is, which is an important part of developing a brand. Your brand represents who you are as a company.  You can’t use something like a Toys R Us logo and color scheme if you’re trying to sell Louis Vuitton handbags.  So, define who you are as a company and even incorporate your mission statement to give you a little more inspiration.  My product is geared towards parents who want to create a little wonder and magic for their children to make them smile and rev up their imaginations, so I’m looking at Disney sites to get ideas for that feeling of magic.


When establishing a brand identity, picking a color scheme can seem a bit daunting at first, but there are multiple sites to help with that.  Picking a primary color for your service or product is the first step.  Think about what color would represent what you want to communicate to your customer.  There’s a psychology behind color, so when picking your primary color, you can find out whether or not that color represents the values of your company and brand.  Mixing colors can also create a different feel as well, like pairing blue with pink can convey a more playful feel compared to blue with gold which has a more royal and luxury feel to it.  Visually, your color choices will be a very big part of establishing your brand, but fortunately for us, there are multiple sites that can provide a lot of information regarding the psychology of color and which color combinations are the most effective for your brand.  Because I’m doing a Tooth Fairy kit, I’m inclined to go with a color palette that conveys a magical evening; indigos, shades of magenta, maybe cream.  


Developing a “brand strategy” can help grow your brand and strengthen it.  One of the ways to do that is to use photos and videos that can impact consumers’ emotions.  So, for my brand, I envision using soothing images of the night skies and anything I can find that feels dreamlike with a dash of fantasy.  I want to create an inviting and fun experience for my customers.  I want them to feel like the experience they want their child to feel.  Once again, I’ll be taking notes from the way Disney markets itself.  They are all about feeling the magic. That’s what I want to convey.


I have a long way to go still in developing my product and my brand, however, the more I read about developing a brand, the more I realize how important it is to deepen my research on my target market, how choosing the right color palette can affect the feeling I want to my company to convey, and that I really need to make sure I create and keep a cohesive and consistent brand across the board, from my business cards to a marketing plan.
 

The End.








Comments

Popular Posts