Week 8 Part 2:


Since I'm using my friend's business for this exercise, it has proven to be difficult to get into her account.  I tried to create another one using my information, but it didn't work.  I also tried to add an account to my current account, it didn't work.  Then I tried altering my Instagram account by naming it to her business or something similar, but it didn't work either.  So, if I were to use hashtags for her business, I would first use things simple things like #jemdsweets signifying her business. I would then use hashtag posts that relate directly to the images I post.  So, if I was to post a birthday cake, I would #birthdaycake, then I'd get more specific, #boysbirthdaycakes, #superherobirthdaycakes, #specialboysbirthdaycakes, #boyschocolatefuncakes, and so on.  Same thing if it was for girls.  The more I can specialize the hashtags, I think the more visible her business will be; #weddingcakeswithflowers, #specialtybakerycakes, #customizablecakes, #specialbirthdaycakepops, #themedcookiesandtreats.   

What I've learned since doing Instagram are a few things.  One, if it's not your Instagram and you don't have access to it, it can make it especially challenging to work on.  Second, you may not always be able to change your personal account to make it into another Instagram (or at least I haven't been able to.)  Third, I believe that crisp, clean images or videos go a long way in creating a visually appealing site that can make others want to linger and even comment on your posts.  The more dynamic or interesting the posts, the more comments were made.  And fourth, to have it not only incorporate the feel of your image but to also create meaningful hashtags that can draw a larger audience is really important.  Getting creative with your hashtags could be very lucrative in the long run and who knows, some may even start trending.

Comments

Popular Posts