WEEK 4-PART 2-Target Audience


I've chosen to use my friend, Victoria's business, Jem'd Sweets, for this class.  She's an extraordinarily talented young woman, who has her plate full (and not just with cake).  She has multiple businesses, but this is the one she is the most passionate about pursuing.  She has a little bit of a following, but she really hasn't had the opportunity to consistently work on her expanding her business through Social Media or by any other means.  She just doesn't have the time (3 children, a puppy, a husband, a job and she's in school...I feel like a schlump!)  I strongly believe in her product and her hard work ethic and would love to see her succeed.  So, I offered to take that piece over for her as my class project.  My hope is that it will help her grow her business into a thriving company, as much as it will help me in understanding Social Media marketing better.  Mind you, part of the reason I'm taking this class is so I can help friends like her who have wonderful businesses, but have so little time to focus on and work on their Social Media to gain more exposure for their companies.  I hope to do a good job for her.

She is currently using Instagram and has about 10-12 posts.  I've asked her to be sure to take more photos of her beautiful creations so that we can use those in the coming weeks.  As they say, "a picture is worth a thousand words" and when it comes to customizable cakes and themed treats, it couldn't be more true!  She produces works of art that also happen to be delicious!  (And if she has to bake a few unsolicited items in the process to get more photos for this project, then I'm willing to sacrifice this holy temple of a body of mine to make sure those don't go to waste.  After all, that's what friends are for.)  

Her target audience is predominately female, ages 25-55.  They are mostly adventurous, hard-working moms who have an artistic flair and are very social as well.  Their incomes would be ranging anywhere from 50k-100k a year.  I would like to expand her Social Media to include Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook, possibly even LinkedIn to increase her target market to employers and employees who suddenly realize they could do something special and memorable for an anniversary or for a co-worker's birthday is coming up.  

I believe that by increasing her Social Media presence with more consistent posts and expanding out to other platforms, her business could really take off.  Plus, with Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, and Christmas coming, we could start promoting those seasonal products right now and that could broaden her customer base for future birthday cakes or weddings.  I'm really excited to work on this project, not only for her but for myself.  It's really important for me to do a good job for her.  Besides, I just can't wait to see how many cake pops I can eat in a single day!  They're delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts