Week 12: Business Specific Online Tools

One of the most important things I have learned about Social Media is picking the right platform for your business.  Based on the type of business you have, it's important to consider how each of these platforms can contribute to your business.  It's also important to consider your target market, because your target market may not be looking at the platform you've chosen.

For my business, I would go with LinkedIn, Google My Business and Yelp.  Each for different purposes.  I like the platforms I already use, but I think these could add a little dimension to the demographic I already target.
With a platform like LinkedIn, I would use the group feature.  I would find groups that share similar interests with me as well as family oriented groups and businesses that specialize in party planning or weddings.  I would try to build a relationship with them so that when they are looking for someone who can fulfill their need for a specialty cake, they would think of me.  I would also like to connect with other businesses similar to mine, so that we could support one another as references and to perhaps share a booth at the Farmer's Market in Oceanside to cut costs.

Google My Business would be great just to have another way for people to find me.  Everyone uses different ways to search for things, so I want to utilize every avenue they may choose to make sure my business is listed there as well.  It's just another way to reach a broader audience. 
Yelp is always a little risky since it's the users who leave reviews, but I'm pretty confident that the majority of reviews I'd get would be positive.  But, if they aren't, I'd address them there and try to resolve the problem.  I'd rather have honest feedback so that I can address an issue, but I also think it's an important for consumers who want reviews on products and services.  I definitely use Yelp when I'm trying out a new business.



Comments

Popular Posts